Scope of Work
Provide developer and system administration support services for web applications and other interactive projects including Mobile applications as required.
Perform work in following languages: PHP, ASP, Python or Java AND experience using one or more of the following database languages MySQL, MSSQL; Postgres, or SqlLite.
- Plan, architect, integrate, and develop back-end and database driven applications as required.
- Provide clean code and proper documentation for each project
- Develop (and document) code that is cross-browser and cross-platform friendly (IE7!)
- Collaborate with team to ensure all requirements are met
- Support ongoing development for existing projects as required
- Fix bugs and resolve ongoing issues as required
- Extend existing REST web services as required
- Use Git source code control system to manage your code
- Attend meetings and perform work at Metro’s downtown Headquarters building as required
Compensation & Terms
- Independent Contractor’s compensation shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience and subject to negotiation with Metro.
- Metro will pay against submitted invoices per terms of the contract
- Insurance is required to work at Metro; specifics will be discussed at time of selection.
- Services will be provided as an independent contractor and does not include employee benefits.
Period of Performance
- Independent contractor shall complete work by June 30, 2012, unless this Contract is terminated earlier or extended by Metro, as provided in the Contract.
- Metro may extend the Period of Performance at its sole discretion by exercising up to two one year extensions by issuance of an appropriately funded modification to the Contract.
- Funding for this Contract is based upon availability of funds as determined by Metro’s fiscal budget which runs from July 1 through June 30 of each fiscal year. If funding is not approved for any subsequent fiscal year during which the Contract is in effect, Metro will issue a stop work notice.
Note: the most highly qualified candidates may be invited for an interview.
- Fee Proposal
- Developer Skill Set & Experience
Submit proposal requirements via email only as outlined above for consideration by Friday, June 17, 2011.
Attn: Douglas Goodwin, Developer
Subject: Web Development/System Administration Support Services
Questions: You may contact Douglas Goodwin with questions via email.
Please, no off-shore or job placement services.