Welcome to Metro’s developer site – this is a website for technical individuals and entities who are using transportation and multi-modal data in interesting ways. Since first releasing our transit data in the summer of 2009, numerous developers have incorporated our data into their applications — you can see a list of featured applications here.
- Metro’s Developer Challenge — Winning entries selected! (added June 2011)
- Metro Realtime API — real time arrivals in JSON, JSON-P, and XML (added March 2011)
- Revised Terms and Conditions, specifically Section 2 (added Jan 2011)
- We’ve added notifications/alerts to the GTFS, GIS, and Bikeways pages — sign up and get alerts when this information changes. (added Jan 2011)
- Metro Bikeways Data (added Dec 2010)
Become a member: Joining is FREE and will allow you to comment and have direct communication with our developers responsible for each data sets.
Get an API Key: You must have a valid API Key to utilize the Trip Planner Information Feed. You will be assigned a key at registration. Check your profile page to retrieve your API key.
Read the Policies: Please familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions, and Policies for using the various data and this website.
Read the Trip Planner Information Feed documentation: The web services offers data from 65+ Southern California transit agencies.
Read the FAQ: Questions about this site, the data or tools needed to utilize the data.