Metro encourages all of our readers to contribute to this site in the form of comments, code samples, and constructive criticism.
Our goal is to maintain a community where readers feel free to express themselves. We also recognize that some conversations following articles, posts, photos and other content on this site can descend into sniping and personal attacks. When this happens, we reserve the right to close the comments on those pages and to remove those comments.
We encourage comments that
- Are “on topic”, and that respond to the content in the article or blog post
- Are responses to comments left by other readers
- Are brief and to-the-point
- Have a positive/constructive tone
- Are open to being contradicted by other readers
- Might disagree with the content in the article or blog post, but they never insult the writer of the article or blog post, or other commenters
We discourage comments that
- Are not “on topic”, or are not responding to other comments or the content in the article or blog post
- Insult the writer of the article or blog post or other commenters
- Are excessively long or negative in tone
We will delete comments, without notice, that
- Are abusive, harassing, threatening or vulgar, including personal attacks or comments that celebrate the illness, personal misfortune or death of any person.
- Contain advertising or spam
- Are disruptive
- Violate any of this site’s Terms and Conditions
Violation of Metro’s Terms and Conditions will cause a commenter’s registration and profile to be closed without notice.